Friday, May 17, 2013

People I'd like to Have a Chat With.



These are my two cooking idols and the reasons why I would love to meet them.

1.  Who: Martha Stewart
Why: Besides being a great cook, t.v. personality, and craft madame, Martha is just cool. Like you'd probably want to hang out with her because she can do this: 

                                                                      Dude. Yum.

And she does stuff like that for fun. FOR FUN. She can't eat all of that herself, so you know she feeds all of her friends. I, for one, am not too proud to pass up constant free desserts.

Also she's a fitness buff, a mighty creative thinker, and a stone cold business woman who would be, for me, a goldmine of marketing information and industry know how.

Also she was a model:

                                                                          Smokin'

And a convicted felon:

                                              
                                 "I will shank you if you don't eat this delightful berry and remoulade tartlett"

Oh yeah, it's a good thing.

2. Chef Gordon Ramsey

If you've ever set flame to your kitchen, messed up a batch of cookies, or otherwise thought you'd ruined a meal (guilty, guilty, guilty). Don't feel too bad. At least you are in your own kitchen and no one is there to judge you for your mistakes. Feel even better that you don't have this screaming at you non-stop:
                                            
                                        Stand really still, maybe it won't see us and won't attack.

I however am a glutton for punishment and have a bizarre wish to have Gordon Ramsay stand in my kitchen and tell me just how awful my cooking is, because hey, that's how I learn. If my self esteem isn't shriveled completely by these constant attacks, I think I'd be a pretty successful chef because of it. Every time I mess something up or don't move quick enough I think "what would Chef say?" For some reason that helps.

Long story short, I want to put Chef Gordon Ramsay in my pocket and carry him around so he can berate me and make me a better cook.

Is that creepy?

Probably.

But another reason I'd like to seriously meet Chef Ramsay is because I've read and seen that he is interested in the cottage food industry and grows his own stuff and raises his own meat. He's also a stellar business man who doesn't take shit from anyone and speaks very honestly about what he wants. Very cool. Also, as a woman it is my solemn duty to try to find the gooey center at the heart of of this hardened man.There's got to be a good side to him. See:

                                                    
    "His name is Mike. I raised him and loved him. He's my best friend. Then I chopped him up and ate him."


Ok maybe not.

Cheers,

M

No comments:

Post a Comment