Friday, May 17, 2013

The Cookie Chronicles pt. 1

The Cookie Chronicles
Or How I forgot my recipes and learned to love my mixer.

So I got some good advice yesterday. Sometimes I have a tendency to get a tad over excited and ambitious about things. Luckily I have someone that gives me a spoonful of that bittersweet medicine called reality every now and then when I need it.

As I explained how I was planning on baking banana fudge chocolate cookies and a killer mascarpone cream I was reminded of one very important fact:

I really don't know how to bake yet.

Ok so, I'm a little impatient. Pff I said, simple is easy I can do that no sweat. Maybe I'm like the Einstein of cooking? So I decided to master a simple, time honored recipe from the Joy of Cooking. I lowered myself to baking some chocolate chip drop cookies.

Piece of cake (or cookie, hehehe get it?), right?

Well my cookies turned out like this:


Epic cookie fail. Those aren't mine by the way but its pretty close to the real thing.

What would Swedish Chef Ramsey say about those cookies???



So I'm not a baking prodigy.

Fine.

I'll just try again, using a recipe stolen from my mom who in turn stole it from Martha Stewart.

Update you tomorrow.

Cheers,

M

No comments:

Post a Comment